Monday, July 27, 2009

Raspberry Ganache Pie - Mmmm!




This is my first official post of my new food blog, inspired by my husband! He encouraged me to share my successes and failures in the kitchen with the world. Food is love and this pie is full of it!

The recipe called for a store bought oreo crust, but I prefer to make my own! It allows me to eat a few oreos during the process!

I don't always measure, but I will try to get better at that to post the most accurate information possible. I often change recipes I come across before I every try them as written and it is usually a success.....and sometimes not!

This recipe is from Kraft Foods and I love finding these simple quick fixes!

Raspberry Ganache Pie from Kraft Foods

Ingredients:

1 pkg. (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup whipping cream
6 Tbsp. seedless raspberry jam, divided
1 OREO Pie Crust (6 oz.) or see below for your own crust
2 cups fresh raspberries
1 Tbsp. water

Directions:

MICROWAVE chocolate and cream in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after each minute. Beat with whisk until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Stir in 2 Tbsp. jam.
POUR into crust. Refrigerate 4 hours.
ARRANGE berries on top of pie. Microwave remaining jam and water in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 30 sec.; stir until well blended. Brush onto berries. Keep refrigerated.

Oreo Crust:
1.5 rows oreos
4 T butter, melted

Crush the oreos in a food processor; then add to the melted butter and stir well. Press into pie pan and it's ready to go!


Quote of the day:
"Our achievements of today are but the sum total of our thoughts of yesterday. You are today where the thoughts of yesterday have brought you and you will be tomorrow where the thoughts of today take you." ~ Blaise Pascal




No comments:

Post a Comment